Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kanes39
New Contributor III

DARRP Wireless

Hi All,

I am in need of some expert advise on this after exhausting Forti TAC support.

Details:
FW: 7.2.4
AP: 7.0 Build 0031 (latest).

H/W: U231F

Problem: The AP's are all using the same channels and because of that when users are roaming they get disconnected and I have to either reboot them or put them into a different AP profile and limit the channels they can use so that each AP uses different channels - this is particularly for 5Ghz.

I don't understand why even with RRP - Enabled and DFC channels selected the APs are selecting the same channel and I can confirm the AP signals are overlapping so why is the AP not smart enough to move the AP's to different channels?

Can someone please guide me on what am I missing here and Forti-TAC's suggestion is to create an individual profile for each AP and enable RRP but limit the channels or make sure they don't overlap.

Your help is much appreciated.

Wireless Controller,  #firewal

1 Solution
kanes39
New Contributor III

Hi Graham,

Thank you very much for your assistance and the command that you shared.

I was able to prove from that command that the DARRP was not working at all because it had no values on the RSSI and Inteferences.

Its all fixed now with the help of an engineering version Forti OS.

Thanks again for all your help.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
gfleming

How many clients are associated to AP-02? Do you have limits configured?

Have you tried factory resetting the AP?

Cheers,
Graham
kanes39
New Contributor III

Hi Graham,

Thank you very much for your assistance and the command that you shared.

I was able to prove from that command that the DARRP was not working at all because it had no values on the RSSI and Inteferences.

Its all fixed now with the help of an engineering version Forti OS.

Thanks again for all your help.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors