Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
KEY2022
New Contributor

Customising a 404 Web Page

Hi Community,

We found another domain name is pointing to our fortigate IP. we want the ip works but block any domain name pointing.
Is there any way that we can setup a "page level domain name rejection"to get FortiWeb to send a customised 404 page for the fortigate sends a 404 error?
Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello KEY2022,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Key2022,

I have found this documentation:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiweb/7.0.0/administration-guide/481808/customizing-error-and-...

Could you please tell me if it helped?

Regards,

KEY2022

Hello Anthony,

Thx for the information. This is helpful. We are considering to use a fortiweb, but currently we only have fortigate 100E and enable ssl-vpn for users.  Is it possible to modify the ssl-vpn login page( or any other settings) to let  Fortigate 100e to reject the domain and generate a 404/403 status code by itsself?   if this can be done which will slove our problem.  

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Key,

I will try to find the answer of your question and will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

RachelGomez123
Contributor

There are 2 main ways to easily customize the 404 page :

-Programmatically
-With a plugin
Let’s have a look at each method so you can choose the most appropriate one for you.

Before you start with the process, make sure that you create a full backup of your site. We will edit sensitive information on your website, so it’s always a good idea to have a backup in case something goes wrong.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

KEY2022

Thanks, the question is how to implement this on Fortigate 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors