Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
riverstech
New Contributor

Custom Service (Ports)

Hi,

I created a few custom TCP ports to allow forwarding but looking at the ports now, in services, all the custom ports are listed as IP6 for the protocol and not the actual port number I created. The ports were created in an older version could updating have changed this? Do I need to recreate the ports? We are using OS 4.0,build0521 (MR3 Patch 6)

Thanks,

Marc

4 REPLIES 4
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

it would help if you could show the  custom service config

e.g

show firewall service custom  "name" 

But yes you can recreate them and I'm not sure what you mean by IP6, the basic cfg has IP and ICMP6  under protocol and then protocol-numbers iirc

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
riverstech
New Contributor

Hi,

Here is the output:

edit "test" set protocol TCP/UDP/SCTP set tcp-portrange 222 next end

config firewall service custom edit "Airplay-443" set protocol-number 6 next end

I created the "test" service after and that is how it should look the "Airplay" service was created with the port 443 but it looks like it got reset. If I go into TCP/UDP/SCTP the ports look like they have been reset. So I think I need to recreate the ports.

Thanks

Marc

ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Just recreate the port definitions. This will only take seconds.

Protocol "6" is just "TCP" - that is so broad that it won't be of use for you.

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Like stated above, protocol-number 6 is not IPv6.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors