Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RadioLontra
New Contributor

Custom Alert email subject

Hello, anbybody knows if it' s possible to customize the subject of alert mails sent by Fortigate? i have a few of them, and all the mails i receive have the same " Message meets alert conditions" subject. I' d like to add at least the hostname of the fortigate in the subject.. thanks a lot GiBiT
4 REPLIES 4
Matthijs
New Contributor II

We solved this by creating separate mail addresses for each fortigate so when the mail arrives you see where the alert comes from.
RadioLontra

Thanks Matthijs i' ve done what you suggest, it seems there' s no way to edit that text, i hope this will be improved in future releases..
Matthijs
New Contributor II

It' s sad but true. You may want to consider installing a syslog server and google for sec.pl It' s a very powerfull syslog processing tool (the name doesn' t reveal the power of the tool ;-)) http://simple-evcorr.sourceforge.net/ Once you understand the syntax (takes some time) you can send mails on whatever you config in it, in any way you want.
omkam
New Contributor II

I would like to know how we can change the subject line " Message meets alert conditions" 

Please suggest!!

Omkar
Omkar
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors