Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
chami
New Contributor

Creating Fortilink 802.3ad send DHCP for switches but not access points connect down stream ports

I have created Fortlink with dedicate to Fortiswitch checked. I setup internal DHCP and connected POE switch with Access Point. I am getting DHCP management address to switches but not getting DHCP from downstream port where access point is plugged in. There is no way to tag Fortilink interface in any downstream switch port unless I create interface type vlan. 

My question is, is there any way to use Fortilink as management vlan to provide DHCP for switches and DHCP also for  access points only using Fortilink rather creating a separate interface type vlan under Fortilink and add downstream switchports to it. I would like to know if this is possible. 

3 Solutions
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

A dedicated VLAN for AP management is required. Even if the downstream port is assigned to the Fortilink subnet, the DHCP will not offer an IP:
set vci-match enable
set vci-string "FortiSwitch" "FortiExtender"

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

ebilcari

No it's not needed, this commands are from the Fortilink DHCP server configuration that is dedicated to FSW and FEX. The AP are treated more like standard hosts, all steps are shown on this article.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

chami
New Contributor

4 REPLIES 4
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

A dedicated VLAN for AP management is required. Even if the downstream port is assigned to the Fortilink subnet, the DHCP will not offer an IP:
set vci-match enable
set vci-string "FortiSwitch" "FortiExtender"

- Emirjon
chami
New Contributor

Once I create a separate vlan, I have to put those two commands in it so that vendor class identification matches and provide DHCP ? 

ebilcari

No it's not needed, this commands are from the Fortilink DHCP server configuration that is dedicated to FSW and FEX. The AP are treated more like standard hosts, all steps are shown on this article.

- Emirjon
chami
New Contributor

Thank You. 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors