Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
GASS
New Contributor

Create Automation action in Fortigate 601e

Hi all,

I create an automation role as below:

Trigger :Security Rating Notification "Security Posture"

System Action: Shutdown

this correct or not ?

4 REPLIES 4
mpeddalla
Staff
Staff

Hello  @GASS ,

Thank you for contacting the Fortinet Forum portal.

Yes , if you are creating for device shutdown notification please check below link:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.0/new-features/108345/system-automation-actions-to-...

Please correct me if I understand your request. Are you trying to receive a notification when the device is shutdown?

Best regards,

Manasa.

If you feel the above steps helped to resolve the issue mark the reply as solved so that other customers can get it easily while searching on similar scenarios.

GASS
New Contributor

Hi @mpeddalla,

I appreciate the update. I know how to do it,

im asking regarding the Automation that i created ?

After I created my Automation, the firewall working fine for one day, after that we are facing ports stop working & system halted.

we tried to restart Firewall is come up for 10 to 15 minutes & ports down again.

why this happening ? every thing configured correctly ?

Best Regards,

GASS

AEK

Hi Gass

This is because the automation stitch is shutting down your system.

System Action: Shutdown.

Is it really what you want to achieve?

AEK
AEK
mpeddalla

Hello  @GASS ,

Thank you for your update.

If you would like to collect logs on why devices interface are going down use the below automation stitch 

interfacechange.png

-If you want to capture device shutdown and email notification as below 

systemshutdown.png

Best regards,

Manasa.

If you feel the above steps helped to resolve the issue mark the reply as solved so that other customers can get it easily while searching on similar scenarios.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors