Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Flyshuffle
New Contributor

Correct Firmware Version for 60D-3G4G-VZW

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a FortiGate 60D 3G4G VZW firewall and want to update to the latest firmware version. However, each firmware image I have downloaded fails to install, saying it is the wrong image type. I've tried a number of the 5.0 and 5.2 images for the "FGT_60D-v5-buildXXXX" trains. Each fails to install, despite being listed as a supported model in the release notes. This happens from the CLI or GUI, local upload or from Fortiguard services.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to where I can get my hands on the correct firmware for this device? 

Thanks!

2 Solutions
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I was told it required a different version of firmware from we could find at the download site. Likely you need to register your unit at the support site and open a TT to get it.

View solution in original post

Christopher_McMullan

I've received some internal guidance pointing to the images ending with "...MC" for your device.

Could you try downloading FortiOS 5.2.3 using this image:

FGT_60D_MC-v5-build0670-FORTINET.out

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

I was told it required a different version of firmware from we could find at the download site. Likely you need to register your unit at the support site and open a TT to get it.

Flyshuffle

Thanks Toshi! I've opened a trouble ticket with support.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

We got a demo unit from an SE and he just told me (15 min ago) "stick to the version that came with the unit for now". Ours has v5.0 build4522(GA). He also mentioned the version would be gradually merging into a regular version. I interpreted it as we would be able to download from the site at that time.

This seems to be still pretty much a new product for them.

Christopher_McMullan

I've received some internal guidance pointing to the images ending with "...MC" for your device.

Could you try downloading FortiOS 5.2.3 using this image:

FGT_60D_MC-v5-build0670-FORTINET.out

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

Flyshuffle

Thanks Christopher! Downloaded the firmware with MC in the name worked for me.

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Please let us know if 4G LTE with VZW actually works.

Thanks,

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors