Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kubajs
New Contributor III

Copy ADOM

Hello,

Could you please help me if there is any possibility to copy the complete settings of one ADOM in FortiManager to a newly created ADOM?

Thank you very much.

1 Solution
ndumaj
Staff
Staff

Hello Kubajs,

Sure if you login into FortiManager --> System Settings --> All ADOMs select the ADOM then go to More --> Clone.

-BR-

- Happy to help, hit like and accept the solution -

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ndumaj
Staff
Staff

Hello Kubajs,

Sure if you login into FortiManager --> System Settings --> All ADOMs select the ADOM then go to More --> Clone.

-BR-

ndumaj
Staff
Staff

Hello Kubajs,

Happy that you solved your issue!!!

-BR-

daemonhunter
New Contributor

Hello, I am trying to perform the same task. I get the ADOM to clone to a new ADOM but its missing all the policy packages. Im looking for a complete clone where the only difference is the devices, ADOM name, and ADOM version number.

ndumaj
Staff
Staff
daemonhunter

Sorry I should have been more specific. I have an ADOM with 12 30E's running Fortigate 6.2.

I am in the process of replacing the outdated hardware and firmware with 40F's and Fortigate 7.0. My goal is to clone the ENTIRE ADOM to the point where all I need to do is put devices in it, change the name, and change the version number and everything will continue running. Is this a common process? I assume there are plenty of customers who have gone through this so I feel like Im not doing it right. I did perform the ADOM clone procedure from ADOM manager, but did not have any luck with it bringing anything over. Its almost like its a new ADOM. I am new to Fortinet and would appreciate any guidance you can offer. Thank you.

ndumaj
Staff
Staff

Hello Daemonhunter,

Well depend from the scenarios, you have the FGT configuration imported on Fortimanager and on the new ADOM that you have cloned you can add the New FGT and  you can run into it.

Please review the following article:
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiManager/Technical-Tip-Configuration-import-from-the-device-to...

Another option my also work is the FortiConverter, you can convert the FGT 30E configuration to 40F.

-BR-

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors