Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
flynnp
New Contributor

Continuos downloads

FG50B 4.0.2 I' ve had a problem where a single PC was tryin to download an Adobe update. It appears the Web filter was causing it to retry. When I removed the Web filter(Nothing special in the settings), the download worked fine. This highlighted a significant problem as the Adobe update had been trying to continuosly download for a few weeks ( They had said the link had been slow). When I looked at the traffic monitor it was saturating the download link. (ADSL1 1400KBits p/sec ) This means that they will incur excess usage charges over a simple stuff up in how the filtering works. Have others experienced similar problems? Any permeant solutions other than disabling filtering? Regards Paul
3 REPLIES 3
wengert
New Contributor

I' ve got the same problem here with the adobe Reader 9.1.2 Update. I have to disable Web Filter and AntiVirus to download. I disabled all settings in the Web Content Filter but it doesn' t work. FG200A 4.02
Not applicable

I have also experienced this problem - since disabling application control and leaving just web filtering enabled in the protection profile I haven' t seen the problem reoccur. Edited as I forgot to mention that I also created a url-filter to exempt ardownload.adobe.com.
Jesús_Cambera
New Contributor

I have the same problem here, a group of users its been trying to download the latest update of acrobat reader for days. I' ll try that sugestion and let you know if that worked. Thanks in advance, Jesús
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors