Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ellyas
New Contributor

Console To FGT Hanged / Not Responding

Greetings,

Hello Fortinet support team. I am not able to successfully direct console to the FGT box. It is somehow hanged or not responding.

Also I noticed that only the "Power" LED is ON (green). "Status" LED is OFF, and by right normally both "Power" and "Status" LED should be ON (green).

Is there any workaround on this kind of issue?

Is this also indicates that it is a hardware issue and the FGT is faulty?

Do take note that this box is a new unit fresh out of the box. Initial setup was done and everything is okay. But not long after pushing the HA setup, the box seems to have this problem. The other new FGT is working fine with the same initial and HA setup.

Currently planned to load a fresh image to the box via USB stick, since there is no reset button features on the unit.

Kindly share your thoughts and input.

Thanks & regards,

Ellyas.

2 REPLIES 2
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi,

these forums are user-to-user, this is not the official Fortinet support. With a valid contract you can open a support case with Fortinet. Log in to the support site (http://support.fortinet.com) and open a ticket there. Or you may try a Web chat (with mixed feelings...).

In the meantime, we will try to give you hints.

If you disconnect the 'dead' Fortigate from the cluster (by pulling the HA port cable), can you then access the CLI?

After connecting a slave unit it may take a while until it is configured; it may reboot several times during which it will not be accessible.

From my guts, I would say it's either a hardware issue or a HA misconfiguration.

Please post which version of FortiOS you're running, and which hardware model.

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ellyas
New Contributor

Greetings,

Hello team. For this case basically need to RMA the FGT, with reason DOA (Dead On Arrival).

No problem on the initial HA configuration, but problem with the device itself.

After swap the faulty FGT with a fresh new one, HA configuration done, and everything works fine and dandy.

Thank you for your input, appreciate it.

Best regards,

Ellyas.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors