Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FredKnurkle
New Contributor

Conserve mode trigger: Single WAD process taking up most RAM

Several times a day our FortiGate 200F running 7.2.8 is entering memory conserve mode.

When I examine RAM usage, it shows one of the WAD worker processes consuming large amounts of memory.

Looking at the web cache sessions for that worker process tells me it's holding over 800 sessions, while the other  workers are holding 40-50 sessions at most.

How do I get that one process to stop doing that?

3 REPLIES 3
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @FredKnurkle ,

Do you have this issue before upgrade 7.2.8? if you say no, I think you are affected by ASIC Bug.

Can you check your ASIC version according to the below document?

image.png image.png

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
FredKnurkle

Interesting, thanks for that! But it's not crashing, just running out of memory. The issue did get a lot worse with the upgrade to 7.2.8, though.

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @FredKnurkle,

There are a few bugs related to WAD memory leaks. I would suggest opening a ticket to verify that. 

Regards, 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors