Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mjxplant
New Contributor

Connection History

Is there a way that I can pull a history of devices that connected to certain APs? We are also running FortiAnalyzer.

5 REPLIES 5
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

If you're using GUI of FAZ, you can put a filter "AP=(APNAME)" under WiFi events and look for "client-authentication". I'm not using API so I don't know but I would assume you would be able to apply the same filter against all WiFi events.

mjxplant

That will give me who is currently connected to which AP. What I am looking for is the history. I need to track a laptop across multiple APs over the last 3 week period. 

Toshi_Esumi

I don't know what's your FAZ version but with our 5.6.0, I can choose the category first, ex. AP:, or directly search like ap=xxxx, ap!=xxxx. It gives us the filter option when I right-click on each property in the detail view in the right pane.

mjxplant

I found where you were talking about. However my only filter options are: Action, Level, Policy Type, Reason and User.  It wont accept when I type in AP=AP01.

mjxplant
New Contributor

Ok. Thanks for the direction. I was able in FortiAnalyzer to be able to create a filter "AP:AP01" and that was able to filter. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors