Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
PaulM1114
New Contributor III

Connecting to branch/leaf AP

Once an AP is deployed as a branch/leaf AP is there anyway to connect directly to its web interface to make changes?

Maybe over mesh backhaul?

Thanks,

Paul

10 REPLIES 10
bravishank_FTNT

Hello Paul,

Yes you can do that. Once the FAP gets connected as Mesh Branch/Leaf it gets an IP address in the same-subnet as the Mesh Root. You can either HTTP into the FAP or Telnet into the FAP to do the configurations.

Telent has more options than HTTP.

If you can let us know, what are exactly trying to do, I can help with those CLI for FAP.

Thanks,

Balaji

Balaji

PaulM1114
New Contributor III

Thank you.  The problem I am having is related to the firewall policy.  The FortiGate does not let me create a policy using the wl.mesh interface.

Scenario:

My (wired) computer is connected to the DMZ interface of a 60CWiFi and trying to access the AP using the wl.mesh IP but I am not able to create a DMZ--->wl.mesh policy to allow this traffic, so how am I suppose to access the AP?

I am able to ping the AP from the FortiGate CLI successfully.

Thanks,

Paul

yzhang_FTNT
Staff
Staff

wl.mesh is only used to connect mesh leaf AP, and could not be used to connect normal host.

PaulM1114
New Contributor III

Ok thank you.  How do I connect to it then using HTTP or Telnet if I want to make a change?

bravishank_FTNT

You can telent into the AP from FGT. 

FGT# config wireless-controller wtp          FGT(wtp) # edit FP111111111111 (your WTP) FGT(FP111111111111) # set login-enable enable FGT(FP111111111111) # end FGT# execute telnet A.B.C.D

Trying A.B.C.D

Connected to A.B.C.D

FP111111111111 login : admin (this default)

FP111111111111 :

Balaji

yzhang_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Have you tried TELNET to the AP on the controller?

PaulM1114
New Contributor III

What's the default password?  I tried to just hit enter (no password) but I' denied.

Thanks,

Paul

bravishank_FTNT

By default FAP should not have any password.

FAP1111login : admin (Default)

After providing the "admin" as login it should get you into the FAP.

Balaji

PaulM1114
New Contributor III

Is it possible to reset the AP password from the controller?  Apparently there is a password but it's unknown.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors