Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
centralwired
New Contributor

Connecting away from building

I'm having issues setting up the ability to login to my fortinet away from the business. I know enough to configure things, but this is stumping me. I assume this keeps me from connecting to my NAS as well.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

What exactly are you trying to do? Could you please elaborate a bit on what you've tried and what you want to achieve?

Remote administration via, say, the wan1 port is possible if you enable HTTPS and/or SSH in the interface setup (Network>Interface). Not very secure but can do.

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

What exactly are you trying to do? Could you please elaborate a bit on what you've tried and what you want to achieve?

Remote administration via, say, the wan1 port is possible if you enable HTTPS and/or SSH in the interface setup (Network>Interface). Not very secure but can do.

norouzi
Contributor

If your remote IP address is static, you can define trusted hosts for all of your system administrators.

It's more secure.

Another way is to configuring SSL VPN and after connecting trough VPN to your network, you can connect to your FortiGate internal interface. In this case it's not important to having static ip address for remote host.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors