Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Network-Eng2022
New Contributor

Connecting HA Cluster Firewalls to another HA Cluster Firewalls

I have an 2 seperate HA Active-Passive Cluster of Fortigate Firewalls.

I want to connect the first cluster to other cluster without introducing any switches in between in a full mesh connectivity. This is required to achieve full redundancy between the 2 HA clusters.

What is the best practice in achieving the above? Is creating Redundancy Interface and add 2 10GB port to this interface on both will do the job?

4 REPLIES 4
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Please check if FGSP clustering between the current clusters is the solution for you.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.4/administration-guide/668583/fgsp

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

Network-Eng2022

I have checked the document shared.

Actually what I am trying to achieve is connect 1 HA Cluster (Active-Passive) (Site-A) to another HA Cluster (Active-Passive)(Site-B) through direct fiber cables in a full mesh.

srajeswaran

Can you confirm how is the traffic flow through these 2 clusters? A full mesh HA is to avoid a single point of failure in network, something like below.

Full-Mesh-HA.png

 In your setup, you have 2 HA, are they redundant to each other? If so, how is the sessions synced between them and how is the traffic flow.

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

gfleming
Staff
Staff

Is there a reason you don't want to use switches in between? 

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors