Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
lukmit
New Contributor

Connect virtual machine via Forticlient SSL-VPN

I want to connect a virtual machine on a host-system outside the internal network via SSL-VPN to the internal network. My configuration: Fortigate: FGT 80D (v. 5.2.3) The host of the virtual machine: Windows 10 Professional - machine connected to the internal network via Forticlient (v. 5.4.0.0780) SSL-VPN This connection is ok. I'am able to reach the internal network, ping the server,... The virtual machine: Windows 7 Enterprise running in Hyper-V Is it possible to connect the virtual machine to the internal network behind the Fortigate via the SSL-VPN-connection? Thank you for your advice and best regards

5 REPLIES 5
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

How are you already connected with the internal network?

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
lukmit

The host of the virtual machine is connected via Forticlient (SSL-VPN) to the internal network. But I want to connect the virtual machine running in hyper V on the host too.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

If the VM was NAT'd behind the host  than you share the access. If the  VM-guest is in a bridge mode, just install the FClient on the guest and be done with it.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
lukmit
New Contributor

I tried the NAT-option with no success. Installing the FClient on the guest is no option, because I want the guest to connect to the internal network during windows start-up.

bl1k00
New Contributor II

Not so done when you connect through bridge mode windows has vpn assigned ip but vm does not get ip at at all 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors