Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
amitbd
New Contributor

Connect to Forti with cable console from Linux Centos

Hello,

I need to connect to my physical Forti with Linux Machine.

I connect cable console between the Forti and Linux and I try to use with Minicom Command.

I d'idnt success

Does anyone have an idea how to do it ?
3 REPLIES 3
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Connect what to what?

FWIW; In minicom you will probably need to set the modem "/dev" to that device

e.g  /den/ttyusb01

You can also run the minicom -s  or even  minicom -p /dev/ttys01 if you knew you device type. You can also use screen in the same fashion

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
amitbd
New Contributor

emnoc wrote:

Connect what to what?

FWIW; In minicom you will probably need to set the modem "/dev" to that device

e.g  /den/ttyusb01

You can also run the minicom -s  or even  minicom -p /dev/ttys01 if you knew you device type. You can also use screen in the same fashion

Connect Laptop with Linux to physical Forti with cable console. When I running minicom and I stuck here

http://jpg.co.il/view/56403247453e9.png/

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you run it from the cli with the "-s" switch as listed earlier? Did you  read the manpages?  Did you set the com port from the cli as mention earlier? Is the device /dev/ttyUSB0 the correct serial port? And do you have a serial-2-USB adjater going to the rj45 serial port?

FWIW  Not 100% sure if you can use the usb-port direct to management port if that's what your trying todo

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors