Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
yeowkm99
Contributor

Connect new fortigate to FAZ

Can i connect new fortigate firewall with version 7.2.5 to my Analyzer running 6.4.11 firmware ?

1 Solution
kmohan
Staff
Staff

Current Fortianalyzer V6.4.11 will not support for Fortigate version 7.2.5

Karthick

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

No, Fortigate 7.2.5 is compatible with 7.2.3 and 7.4.0 of Fortianalyzer.

https://fortinetweb.s3.amazonaws.com/docs.fortinet.com/v2/attachments/220def07-e880-11ed-8e6d-fa163e...

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

kmohan
Staff
Staff

Dear yeowkm99,

Before connecting from FGT to Fortianalyzer, kindly check the compatibility between FGT version to Forti-analyzer
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortianalyzer/7.4.0/compatibility-with-fortios

FGT Version 7.2.5 is compatible for Forti-analyzer version 7.2.3 or 7.4.0

Karthick
kmohan
Staff
Staff

Current Fortianalyzer V6.4.11 will not support for Fortigate version 7.2.5

Karthick
rtichkule
Staff
Staff

Hello @yeowkm99 ,

The fortiOS 7.2.5 is not compatible with fortianalyzer 6.4.11. The supported Fortianalyzer versions are 7.2.3 and 7.4.0
You can upgrade the FAZ to a supported version and integrate it to FGT. You can refer the below document for the same.

Configuring FortiAnalyzer | FortiGate / FortiOS 7.2.3 (fortinet.com)

BR

yeowkm99

so if i upgrade the FAZ to version 7.2.x, my existing FortiOS 6.4.xx fortigate will not be supported ?

fg400 (FortiOS 6.4.11) --> FAZ 6.4.11

fg100F (FortiOS 7.2.5) --> 

fg50F (FortiOS 6.4.12) --> 

pavankr5

Hello @yeowkm99 ,

FortiGate FG100F (FortiOS 7.2.5) --> FortiAnalyzer FAZ (Unsupported 6.4.11)FortiGate FG100F is on FortiOS 7.2.5, and it appears that the highest supported version of FortiAnalyzer is 7.2.3. The currently installed version, FAZ 6.4.11, is not compatible with the FortiGate version. Therefore, an upgrade to a supported version, such as 7.2.x or 7.4.0, is required for compatibility.

FortiGate FG50F (FortiOS 6.4.12) --> FortiAnalyzer FAZ (Unsupported 6.4.11) The FortiGate FG50F is on FortiOS 6.4.12, and the currently installed FortiAnalyzer version, FAZ 6.4.11, is not compatible. To achieve compatibility, an upgrade to a supported version is necessary.
let us know if you have any queries

yeowkm99

i have upgraded my FAZ to 7.2.4. but it still cannot connect to the FGT100F.

smkml

Hi @yeowkm99 ,

What are the output if run the command in FGT CLI:

"exec log fortianalyzer test-connectivity"

Furthermore, you may check the below to troubleshoot further

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiAnalyzer/Troubleshooting-Tip-FortiGate-to-FortiAnalyzer-conne...

yeowkm99

exec log fortianalyzer test-connectivity
Failed to get FAZ's status. No response from server. (-20)

seems like there is not connectivity from FAZ to FGT

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors