Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
New Contributor

Connect Linux workstation to FAP-231F AP

We recently installed Fortigate APs FAP-231F integrating them with our Fortigate firewalls. Windows laptops authenticate via AD, but how would one connect a Linux OS laptop to the AP?

Thanks..

FortiAP 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @911 ,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks,

New Contributor

Thanks Mohit.. appreciate the help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @911 ,

Thank you for providing the answer on the other forum post where you informed that dropping the security from WPA3 Enterprise to WPA2 Enterprise helped to disable PMF.

New Contributor

Hi Mohit

It was more of a temporary workaround than a solution. I would still like to know why I cant use WPA3 Ent. 

Also has there been any other insight into connecting a linux laptop to the wifi?

Thanks...

Toshi_Esumi

First of all, are you sure the combination of your Linux and its WiFi chip supports WPA3? Intel posts combinations between the chips and Win10 but I'm not sure the combinations with Linux.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000054783/wireless.html

Toshi

vpatil
Staff
Staff

@911 

If I understand your query correctly, I believe you would like to know how to connect Linux Laptops to WiFi in general. This is outside FortiAP scope of support. I'm sure there must articles online or on the Linux forums on how to connect Linux Laptops to the WiFi. Thanks!

vpatil
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors