Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
3d1l
New Contributor II

Confused with online training track

Hi there! My apologies if this is not the right sub-forum. I just enroll to take the NS1 online course and I' m quickly redirected to take a quiz or test. Were I' m supposed to go to read the material before taking the test/quiz? Thanks.
23 REPLIES 23
3d1l
New Contributor II

I enroll again and I see the following: You have enrolled in FCSA Training Bundle - NSE 1. Navigate to My Learning to access the course. But there is no my learning link anywhere in the page. What I' m suppose to do?
Christopher_McMullan

It' s not labelled exactly as described, unfortunately. Step 1: Click on Catalog and Metrics on the top bar. Step 2: Either browse from your learning dashboard, or else choose My Elective Learning or My Required Learning, any time you want to access a course you are enrolled in.

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

Christopher_McMullan

Second screenshot...

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

norouzi
Contributor

There is no material for all courses like Data Center for NSE1.

You can repeat the exams and google it to learn them until you pass the exam.

Shawn_W

I recently spoke to someone at Fortinet and was told that because the NSE path is so new there is not training and literature out for some of the modules.  They said to keep an eye out for new ones coming soon.  I agree that you can google and find most of the information you need.  Good luck.

Courtney_Schwartz

NSE news is here: http://www.fortinet.com/training/nse.html

NSE 1 is *not* in the learning center yet. What you are probably thinking of is the FortiGate UTM 1 track, and its associated FCNSA certification. (In the NSE scheme, this will be renamed to NSE 4.)

After you study each lesson (shown in Chris's screenshots; example: "FortiGate-04-Firewall Authentication" in the course catalog), you can take a quiz. This is *not* the FCNSA certification exam; it's just practice for that. There is 1 quiz for each module, for a total of 10 quizzes. It's also recommended to practice in the virtual lab or at your ATC's lab. When you are ready, if you haven't already, buy a voucher, and go in person to take the exam at a proctored Pearson Vue testing center. Passing that exam is what earns you the FCNSA/NSE 4 certification. (The PDF that you download from the online learning center is *not* the same -- it is only a certificate of course completion.)

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

norouzi
Contributor

Daer Courtney 

I passed NSE1.

There is no material but you can do the exams.

NSE1 is 6 exams on different courses .They are:

[ul]
  • Application Security
  • UTM
  • Next Generation Firewall
  • Management and Analytics 
  • Fortinet Corporate Overview 
  • Next Generation Firewall [/ul]

• simonorch
    Contributor

Quoting the FAQ on certifications

Are the new certifications backward compatible? For example, if I am currently an FNCSP, am I automatically an NSE4? The previous certifications apply to the new program, but are insufficient. For example, if you currently hold an FCNSP certification, you qualify as an NSE4 if you have met the other conditions of NSE4 certifications—NSE1-NSE3. When/if you meet the conditions of NSE1-NSE3, you will automatically become an NSE4.

A colleague and I ploughed through NSE1 yesterday and have started NSE2  which BTW is the equivelant of the 201\FCNSA.

from the above FAQ, it states that current FCNSP will automatically get NSE4 when 1-3 are completed. My question is, how is this measured? I see that the small self test results are recored, but when we completed NSE1 we received no confirmation of completion or any other indication that we were done with level1?

I assume that current FCNSP are not going to be required to go back and take the FCNSA exam again? That would be just daft.

On the positive side, i like the direction this path is going, bringing in all the elements into one clear series of certifications.

NSE8 Fortinet Expert partner - Norway

NSE8 Fortinet Expert partner - Norway
    Courtney_Schwartz

simonorch,

1. NSE 1 and NSE 2 are similar, but not actually the same content as FCNSA. They will not be equivalent. The goal of NSE 1-3 is to focus on pre-sales, where people need to know which products solve their requirements. FCNSA/FCNSP/NSE 4 and higher are focused on the phase of deployment and troubleshooting. As we receive questions, we will be refining the information for you on the Training web site.   http://www.fortinet.com/training/nse.html

2. FCNSA and FCNSP preparation are not the same subjects. They are not the same certification exam. For example, antivirus is covered in FortiGate UTM I, not FortiGate UTM II. Similarly, FortiGate Troubleshooting (aka 303) focuses on advanced diagnostics that do not exist in the other classes. NSE 6 builds on NSE 4 and 5, so those are prerequisites. That said, depending on what you need to know in depth, it may not make sense for you to do FCNSA certification. I recommend you contact Training directly to ask about your specific case.

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors