Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
K_W
New Contributor

Configuring VPN connection during install

We' re deploying the FortiClient SSL VPN client 4.0.2281 through SCCM with a simple MSI install command but after installation the user has to fill in the server address, etc. Is there any way to install and configure it for our VPN connection at the same time? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Try the search link at the top. I think rwpatterson has something cooked up that does something similar to what you are looking for.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Welcome to the forums. Open a file in notepad. Enter the below, changing the red text with your information. If you cut and paste, delete the green comments. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fortinet]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fortinet\SslvpnClient]
 " ServerAddress" =" " 
 " Installed" =dword:00000001
 " ServerPort" =" " 
 " KeepConnectionAlive" =" " 
 " DATA0" =" " 
 " DATA1" =" " 
 " DATA2" =" " 
 " DATA3" =" " 
 " DATA4" =" " 
 " DATA5" =" " 
 " DATA6" =" " 
 " DATA7" =" " 
 " DATA8" =" " 
 " DATA9" =" " 
 " ConnectionName" =" The name shown in the SSL VPN client"  

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fortinet\SslvpnClient\Tunnels]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Fortinet\SslvpnClient\Tunnels\company name]
 " Server" =" ssl.company.com:10443"  <- Your URL
 " DATA1" =" " 
 " DATA2" =" " 
 " Description" =" Tunnel to your company"  <- the description shown in the software
 " DATA3" =" " 
 " ServerCert" =" 1" 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ After entering all this, save it in a file with a .reg extension. When executing this either from the command line of from a batch file, the user will just be prompted if it' s OK to make this registry entry. That' s it Hope that helps

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
K_W
New Contributor

Thanks Bob. I' ll try it and let you know if I have any problems.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors