Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
technologist36
New Contributor

Configuring FortiAP 221B as a standalone AP

Good Morning and Hello to all,

My FortiGate recently failed on me due to internal storage corruption and it cannot boot anymore. Now, my FortiAP is missing its controller and it cannot function without it. I've tried to look for anything related to configuring this AP in standalone mode but i couldn't find any in the configuration.

I want my users to continue using wireless for accessing local resources.

Appreciate your help.

5 REPLIES 5
gschmitt
Valued Contributor

Find out the IP of the ethernet connection

If you don't have a FortiCloud account go to FortiCloud.com and create one

Go to http://<IPofTheAP>

Change the discovery mode to FortiCloud and enter Username/Password

technologist36

Gschmitt, you're awesome. Wireless works now, thanks to you man. :-))

technologist36
New Contributor

I have one more question please.

I setup two SSIDs: "Employees" and "Guests". The "Employees" SSID is configured with WPA2-Personal authentication and works in Bridge mode. The "Guests" SSID is configured with FortiCloud Captive Portal and authentication and assigned to it the default "Guest" group.

I can see the "Employees" SSID now in available wireless networks in windows 7 but i cannot see the "Guest" SSID. Is it because it works in IP NAT mode? ... I couldn't change the mode once its configured with FortiCloud Captive and auth.

gschmitt

technologist36 wrote:

I can see the "Employees" SSID now in available wireless networks in windows 7 but i cannot see the "Guest" SSID.

Navigate to WiFi Controller > WiFi Network > SSID and double click your Guest SSID

is Broadcast SSID checked?

Navigate to WiFi Controller > WiFi Network > FortiAP Profiles and double click your used AP Profile

Is the SSID listed?

technologist36

Yes, broadcast is checked, sorry for not saying that in the first place.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors