Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Yerni
New Contributor

Configure fortiwifi 40c for PPPoE

Good night all.

I've been trying to configure a Fortiwifi 40c via PPPoE for several days to replace the one you get from the company. The problem is that the firmware is 5.2.14 build764 and I control the most modern ones for my work. This one loses me a bit.

I have a username and password, as well as the operator's VLAN.

My question comes from where and how to put the VLAN to be able to connect to the internet since in the GUI there is no option in interfaces and I have created and added it by CLI in wan1, but even so it does not appear in the GUI.

I need an expert hand please. thank you so much

3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Yerni,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Yerni,

I have found this KB article:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-pppoe-interface-configuration/ta-p/209005

Could you please tell me if it helped?

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Christian_89
Contributor III

Create a new VLAN interface on the Fortigate Firewall by clicking Network -> Interfaces and then clicking the + icon. Enter a name for the VLAN interface and select the physical interface to which the VLAN will be bound. Also set the VLAN ID.
Configure the PPPOE interface by clicking "Network" -> "Interfaces" and then clicking the "+" icon. Select the VLAN interface you created earlier and select "PPPOE" as the connection type. Enter the required PPPOE authentication details, such as username and password.
Configure the routing by clicking on "Network" -> "Routing". Add a new route by clicking on the "+" icon. Specify the destination network and the gateway. The gateway is the IP address of the router connected to the PPPOE network.
Check your configuration by clicking on "Monitor" -> "IPsec Monitor". Verify that the PPPOE interface is active and that the routing tables are configured correctly.
With these steps, your Fortigate router should be able to access the Internet via PPPOE and use the VLAN to transfer data between different networks.

config system interface
edit <Interface-Name>
set vlanid <VLAN-ID>
set interface <Physisches-Interface>
next
end

config system interface
edit <Interface-Name>
set vlanid <VLAN-ID>
set pppoe enable
set pppoe username <Benutzername>
set pppoe password <Passwort>