Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Maerre
Contributor

Configure fortitoken on users inside a Radius server-group (without fortiauthenticator)

Hello,

i purchased a Fortitoken Cloud license and i've been asked to configure MFA for all the user belonging to a radius server group and connecting via remote access with the forticlient.

I haven't found any documentation about how to implement this configuration without using fortiauthenticator, is it possibile?

If configuring a local user i've the option to select the fortitoken cloud license, when configuring the radius server group i'm not prompted for this option, i haven't seen any command neither via CLI.

Do you have any idea?

thank you

Bye

10 REPLIES 10
Debbie_FTNT

Hey Maerre,

no, you would create the Remote Radius under 'Remote Auth Servers', same as LDAP. You'd also have to create a realm that includes this remote RADIUS, and select that realm in the RADIUS policy, like you would do with an LDAP Server -> realm -> RADIUS policy.

The difference is essentially:
LDAP:

Remote LDAP server, Remote LDAP sync rule (imports users and assigns tokens), realm with remote LDAP server, RADIUS policy that links to the realm with remote LDAP server
RADIUS:
remote RADIUS server, Remote SCIM sync rule (imports users and links them to RADIUS server, assigns tokens), realm with remote RADIUS server, RADIUS policy that links back to realm with remote RADIUS

Please note that SCIM is a fairly new feature in FortiAuthenticator, and can still be a bit finicky at times. I've used it successfully in the lab in a similar scenario, but I haven't seen may customers use it in the way I've described above.

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors