Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ZiPPy
New Contributor

Configure VLAN per port

How do you configure VLANs per port on a 100D running version 5.0?  I found a video where it shows you how to do it under 4.0 by going to System > Network > Interfaces.  I'm unable to associate the newly created VLAN with a port, I can only assign it to the 'lan' option. I'm logged in as admin under super_admin profile, so I should see the options.  What am I missing?

Cheers,

6 REPLIES 6
Fullmoon
Contributor III

ZiPPy wrote:

How do you configure VLANs per port on a 100D running version 5.0?  I found a video where it shows you how to do it under 4.0 by going to System > Network > Interfaces.  I'm unable to associate the newly created VLAN with a port, I can only assign it to the 'lan' option. I'm logged in as admin under super_admin profile, so I should see the options.  What am I missing?

Cheers,

FGT 100D by default LAN ports are set to switch mode. Somebody already posted in this forum solution on how to convert from switch mode to interface mode.

Fortigate Newbie

Fortigate Newbie
ZiPPy
New Contributor

Fullmoon wrote:

ZiPPy wrote:

Cheers,

FGT 100D by default LAN ports are set to switch mode. Somebody already posted in this forum solution on how to convert from switch mode to interface mode.

Thanks!  I did review that thread.  I ran the necessary command to switch it, but looks like I'm already in the mode.  I think.  When I go to LAN I see it as Hardware Switch and the 16 physical interface members listed.  When I select one it states no options available, so I need to configure that option.  But I don't know where to do that? Am I on the correct path, or is that wrong?

Just to add, I SSHed into the firewall and verified it says 'set internal-switch-mode-interface'  But under System > Network > Interfaces > Create New I still only have an option for zone.  I believe I should see an option here for 'Interface' and 'VDOM Link'  Is that correct?

Fullmoon
Contributor III

Fortigate Newbie
ZiPPy
New Contributor

I still can't get this working.  I don't know what I'm missing.

Jeff_FTNT
Staff
Staff

You may try to release port from "virtual-switch  " Try below steps:

1.purge policy

2.purge DHCP server and routes

3.Delete default "virtual-switch  " config sys virtual-switch

delete LAN

end

Then you can assign VLAN on port released from "virtual-switch  "

Thanks.

ZiPPy

Jeff_FTNT wrote:

You may try to release port from "virtual-switch  " Try below steps:

1.purge policy

2.purge DHCP server and routes

3.Delete default "virtual-switch  " config sys virtual-switch

delete LAN

end

Then you can assign VLAN on port released from "virtual-switch  "

Thanks.

Once I deleted the 'virtual switch' aka the 'lan', and rebooted the firewall I was good to go.  I can now see each individual port interface.  Thank you very much Jeff_FTNT!!!!!! Greatly appreciated!!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors