Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ashraf_Gafar
New Contributor II

Configure DHCP on 201F

Hi 

I need to configure DHCP on 201F , I have more than 300 users, what is best way (range , subnet )and how to do that ?

Thanks 

2 Solutions
Ashraf_Gafar

Ok , How about going with this range 172.16.0.0 with mask /252. Is it will work for me? Also can I do this with one interface ?

Do I need additional configuration to let this range see each other and going to internet?

View solution in original post

knagaraju
Staff
Staff

Hello Ashraf,

Since you need 300 IP addresses. As an example, you can take 172.16.0.0/23.
In total, you will have 510 IP addresses.  Please see the below screenshot for details.

knagaraju_0-1662025166764.png

Regards,
Nagaraju.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
rosatechnocrat
Contributor II

Dear Ashraf,

You can use the range with a subnet mask.  Also, have the FGT interface configured with a bigger mask rather than /24 as it will contain only around 250 IP addresses. 

rosatechnocrat_0-1662020991867.png

Rosa Technocrat -- Also on YouTube---Please do Subscribe
Ashraf_Gafar

Ok , How about going with this range 172.16.0.0 with mask /252. Is it will work for me? Also can I do this with one interface ?

Do I need additional configuration to let this range see each other and going to internet?

rosatechnocrat

Dear Ashraf,

Yes 172.16.0.0 will work, subnet will be 255.255.0.0 . I didn't get what do you mean /252. Yes You can do with one interface only. 

knagaraju
Staff
Staff

Hello Ashraf,

Since you need 300 IP addresses. As an example, you can take 172.16.0.0/23.
In total, you will have 510 IP addresses.  Please see the below screenshot for details.

knagaraju_0-1662025166764.png

Regards,
Nagaraju.

Ashraf_Gafar

Ok good :thumbs_up: , it's seem fine I will try do that.

Thanks 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors