Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RolandBaumgaertner72
New Contributor II

Configuration of FortiAP in MPLS environment

Hi,

I am not sure how this works so before I send the FortiAP to the branch I would like to be sure that it works. We have set up some FortiAPs behind the local FG and never had any problems but this time it is different.

I would like to send the AP to an office which is connected via MPLS to our central FG300 in the data center. So the idea would be to start managing the APs from this cluster.

Behind local FGs there was never a problem, but if I send the AP now and they connect it to a PoE which is connected via MPLS to our FG300 I am not sure if the FG300 detects the AP and that I can start managing the device from there.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
gfleming
Staff
Staff

This will definitely work you just need to choose your discovery method. Please review the various options available to you. Best way to do this is likely DHCP or DNS as you don't need to touch the AP config for this to work.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiap/7.2.1/fortiwifi-and-fortiap-configuration-guide/540137/di...

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors