Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Phuoc_Ngo
New Contributor

Configuration change audit

Anybody know a way to capture a configuration change by an administrator? Currently the system only have a stating configuration change but didn' t have any indication on what changes are being made. Regards,
4 REPLIES 4
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Such auditing can be done (automatically) through the FortiManager and (I believe) through FortiGuard' s Analysis and Management Service (but I am not familiar with that). For a standalone unit, you are pretty much on your own if you want to compare any config changes (e.g. using a text comparison tool).

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Phuoc_Ngo
New Contributor

Thank you so much Dave for the information. Ouch. Seriously, it required a fortimanager to perform a simple task.
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Well, if you are good at scripting, you can always enable scp on the Fortigate and automate the process of pulling down the config and piping it through a text comparison tool to check for changes against a stored version of the config. :-P Don' t know if you want to go that far.

Phuoc_Ngo
New Contributor

:-P. I will have to explore that option once time is permitted. Thanks,
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors