Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jimsokol
New Contributor III

Configuration Revision - Multiple retrieval

FortiManager 3000, 4.0Mr3P7, used mostly for configuration repository, CLI script, and firmware deploys for 600+ Fortigates What happened to the functionality in MR2, where there was an unsyncronized list, along with the capability to navigate in there, click multiple units (usually all that were unsynchronized), a have it submit a job to do the multiple configuration retrievals? There are 10-30 units that may have local changes performed per day, and it takes a lot longer to drill into each unsynchronized unit to do the retrieval? Has this been moved and I missed it, or had it just been taken away? I don' t know that we want to enable auto config backup on admin logoff on all of these either.
2 REPLIES 2
fortitech
New Contributor

Unfortunately you are not missing it, it ' is' gone.
Sean_Toomey_FTNT

Hi jimsokol, The function was re-envisioned I believe. First, if you are still on FortiManager 4.3, I would wholeheartedly recommend that you move to FortiManager 5.0. Under the System -> Advanced -> Advanced Settings section, there is functionality on whether to automatically accept local device changes (READ: NO POLICY CHANGES JUST DEVICE SETTINGS) or whether they need an administrator to approve. The list of devices under Devices tab has numerous statuses that you can filter against to let you know the synchronization status. If you think about it, what this is meant to do is provide more granular detail on the synchronous status while automating the task of accepting device config changes, without you having to kick it off, or waiting for an administrator to approve them on a case by case basis, at which point it' s somewhat similar to what you describe before if you want to examine each change before " approving" it. Hope this helps! Cheers!
-- Sean Toomey, CISSP FCNSP Consulting Security Engineer (CSE) FORTINET— High Performance Network Security
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors