Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dconsentini
New Contributor

Configuration FortiLink across non-Fortiswitch

I want to configure Fortiswitch with FortiLink protocol over my actual infractructure. In that situation I have various non-Fortiswich (Cisco, HP,...) but I need configure a FortiLink protocol and I dont find information about the situation.

In all manual I can to see the configuration connecting the Fortiswitch directly to Fortigate, but I dont find any manual to connect the Fortiswitch across the other model of switches.

Do you help me?

10 REPLIES 10
Tezro
New Contributor

Hello,

Maybe someone is still tracking this discussion...

The issue is: why Fortilink cannot be established over a media converter ? What are the limitations ...?

I thought that media converter is only a dump kconverter: from electric signals to optical -so it does not introduce anything in the traffic -> ergo it completely transparent and FolrtiLink shoul (!) works

What about config like this

Of course :

-FG is configured for FortLink on the port that is connected to the media-converter

-SFP are proper for the fiber : SFP SM for SM fiber type

-Link on BOTH sides are UP and blinking...

[F-Gate UTP] <--Cat 5e copper --> [ UTP  MediaConverter  SFP] <--Fiber --> [SFP  FortiSwitch]

any magic command from CLI (again...!) on Fgate or Fswitch ?????

UPDATE:

the SAME Fortinet SFP module plugged from switch to Fluke Analyzer and connected via media-converter to normal  (non-fortilink) port in FGate  works from the first kick ...

WTH ?!?!?!?

THA

Tezro

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors