Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Command to fetch Firewall COnfiguration.

Hi All, I' m trying to get the complete firewall configuration for Fortigate Firewall. Can anyone tell me what the command i should use for that. Right now i' m using " show full-configuration" command. It is showing the configuration along with banners,disclaimers and all. But i dont want to see all those unnecessary stuff. In short, I would like to see the actual configuration with out banners,disclaimers etc.. Please help. Thanks in advance. With Best Regards, Mahi
9 REPLIES 9
Jan_Scholten
Contributor

just " show" ?
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Perhaps make a backup of the unit without a password. Open with a text editor.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Not applicable

Thanks for your quick response. Here is the result of " show" ? # show alertemail alert e-mail configuration antivirus antivirus configuration firewall firewall gui gui imp2p imp2p ips ips log log router router spamfilter spamfilter system system user user vpn vpn webfilter webfilter full-configuration show full configuration please help. Thanks in advance. Best Regards, Mahi
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Mahi, Bob meant you should enter " show" without any trailing arguments. If you enter " show" , RETURN, then you get the configuration changes compared to factory default. If you enter " show full" , RETURN, then you get the full config with all settings (more or less). Maybe you can cut and paste from the screen. I don' t know what you mean with " banners, disclaimers and all" which you get along with the output of this command - there are no banners...just run the command from a ssh login shell. The config file itself, if downloaded unencrypted, contains the output of the " show" command. --- if you enter " show ?" then you evoke the help for the " show" command - the arguments you can use to specify what range of the config you want to see. --- HTH. If not, please specify what you are looking for.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Not applicable

Hi, Thanks to one and all for your responses. Sorry for my late response. The show command is working well and it solved my purpose. I tried this with Fortigate 3600A model and it worked . But forigate have many other models like Fortigate-60C,80-C etc. I just want to know whether this " show" command will work irrespective of model and OS version. In short, will this command work for all models and os versions... Please let me know. Thanks in advance. With Best Regards, Mahi
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Yes, it will. Hasn' t changed since v2.50 AFAIK...

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Not applicable

Ok Ede...thanks for your prompt response.. With Regards, Mahi
Jack_Gerbs
New Contributor

You can use the get command to see all avaialble options in the config.
CISSP, FCNSP 4.0
CISSP, FCNSP 4.0
MikePruett
Valued Contributor

You can do get ? and it will show you the things you are able to pull. I have always just backed up the config so I can use notepad+ to scroll through and have some uniformity to it. Not really what you are asking for though.
Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors