Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
CL
New Contributor

Command Line Interface from FortiExplorer not Accessible

Has anyone else experienced a problem launching the command line interface from FortiExplorer?  

The problem is intermittent and happens when trying to launch it through the 'tools>command-line interface' option, or when clicking on 'command-line interface' under the device.

What happens when launching it under the device is that the window for the command line is open but it is just a blank black screen, and pressing any key does not do anything.  If you attempt to launch through the tools menu, the window opens to a blank black screen as well, but when you press a key the window closes.

I am currently running FortiExplorer version 2.6.1083, and have experienced the same problem on 2.5.1079.

Accessing the command line through the widget once logged into the web-based manager does not cause any problems.  Connecting to the command line via ssh works fine as well.

It has also worked fine in some cases launching as described above through FortiExplorer, but I haven't been able to find anything in common between the successes or failures.  I mostly use 60Ds and 90Ds, and the most recent issue has happened with the latest firmware version 5.2.3 build 670.

2 REPLIES 2
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes and sporadic. I'm running it on  MACOSX and windows 7 with issues. Open aticket but I think this is similar to bugID: 240334

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
CL
New Contributor

Thanks emnoc, at least I'm not the only one.

Here is bug id 0240334 from the known issues of v2.5 build 1079: After disabling and enabling login in the Command-line Interface, FortiExplorer cannot detect FortiGate correctly.

I haven't been able to find release notes for the latest version of FortiExplorer so I am not sure if it is still listed as a known issue.

If I end up opening a ticket I will update here.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors