Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
esec
New Contributor III

Clear Forticlient SAML cookie on Mac?

Hi,

We have some issues that Mac users get a white login screen when using FortiClient and SAML, so trying to clear the SAML cookies but can´t find it. I have cleared everything with Forti in /Library/Preferences and /Library/Application Support. But still the SAML cookie seems to be saved somewhere else.

Do anyone know how to clear it? 

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
vforti
New Contributor

Hi,

Cookies seem to be stored in the user keychain on macOs.

Screenshot 2022-08-06 at 11.42.05.png

CristianTurcu

Worked for me. I had to shutdown the forticlient

CristianTurcu

... does not always work :(

shakil
New Contributor

In macOS Monterey, this cookie file is located in ~/Library/Application Support/FortiClient.
RachelGomez123
Contributor

Try this steps to clear cookie on Mac-

Step 1: Terminate all running applications using the Cmd+Q key combination.

Step 2: Open a Finder window and use Shift+Cmd+G to navigate to the directory

~/Library/Caches.

Library Cache

Step 3: Manually open every folder, select all the files using Cmd+A, and move everything to the Trash. If required, enter your password.

Note: It’s not advisable to delete cache folders. Keep them to avoid any system conflicts and only delete the files inside.

Step 4: Once again, using the Shift+Cmd+G key combination, now go to the folder

/Library/Caches.

Step 5: Do the same thing—manually delete all files inside each folder there.

Step 6: Reboot. The first time the system boots may take a little longer than usual. This is normal.

If there are multiples user accounts in the system, you have to repeat the same steps for each of them.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors