Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Bruce7x2
New Contributor III

Clarify how to correctly set up LDAP Credential on FortiSIEM

I have two questions to ask:

Question 1:

I want to understand when I should enter a value in the NetBIOS/Domain field when I set Credential as LDAP method, and when I don’t need to enter a value in the NetBIOS/Domain field.

In my own LAB environment, I don’t need to enter a value in the NetBIOS/Domain field to test succefully., but in the company environment, I need to enter a value in the NetBIOS/Domain field to test succefully.

How can I judge when I should enter NetBIOS/Domain and when I don’t need to enter it? Which settings of Windows Server should I check?

Question 2:

When will the “Test” function of “External Authentication” fail to authenticate, but when using AD users to log in to FortiSIEM, it will succeed?

Is this related to the NetBIOS/Domain field?

I don't know what's wrong, someone could help to clarify those questions?

Bruce Liu
Bruce Liu
3 REPLIES 3
anignan
Staff
Staff

Hi @Bruce7x2 ,

If you FortiSIEM DNS server is pointing to AD you do not need to specify the domain. 

Can you check what DNS server IP is set in the company FSM?

Abdel

Bruce7x2
New Contributor III

Dear Abdel,

Yes. FOritSIM DNS server is pointing to AD.(AD is the same machine as DNS Server)

Further, Cloud you have any suggestions to help me clarify what's wrong? Why do I need to key in NetBIOS/Domain parameter? otherwise, I can't test the LDAP credential successfully. 

As your reply, it's a Weird situation, right?

Bruce Liu
Bruce Liu
anignan

Hi @Bruce7x2 ,

Did you discover the domain controller first under the discovery tab?

Abdel

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors