Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
paulbrock
New Contributor III

Chrome not prompting for authentication

Hi Everyone,

I am running Fortigate 800c 5.2.2

The problem i am facing is as follows.

I have a identity based policy , which of course forces non domain machines (macs ) to authenticate to have the internet. Windows machines are fine as i have fsso in place and it works fine.

the problem i have is when a mac comes to authenticate again after the timeout period if it is using safari a authentication box appears , they in turn authenticate and continue on. However if they are using chrome on the MAC they just get a certificate error and cant continue. the work around is to open safari authenticate and then chrome is fine.

I also notice that in the logs i see it is being blocked

so i guess to cut a long story short chrome is not prompting to authenticate thus i am getting blocked , which in turn gives me the certificate error, and  as i am using certificate based inspection, which if a page is blocked a certificate mismatch error occurs and if you procced you get the blocked page.

3 REPLIES 3
jonoarm
New Contributor

I get this too on chrome on a pc when you click proceed. Chrome gives you the Your connection is not private message. Authenticating with IE works fine. 

Jeff_FTNT
Staff
Staff

FGT default use "self-sign" certificate for authentication, so some browser is not happy with it.

You may change it either way and did not use "self-sign" certificate

1.CLI:config sys global/set auth-cert xxx/end

or

2.CLI: config use setting /set auth-cert xxx/end

Shawn_W

Thanks for the info.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors