Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jmart1191
New Contributor III

Checkpoint Firewall at HQ connected to Site 1 with Fortigate via Metro-E

I am looking to install a second firewall at a an existing site, they are currently connected via metro-e that goes from a centurylink rad to a cisco 9300 which also handles vlan, dhcp, etc which currently connects us site to site. I have a diagram attached of the setup. My question, how can I add this fortigate firewall into the site. I want the network at Site 1 to communicate back to hq via metro-e but i want the cisco that is already at the site to handle dhcp and vlans. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.Untitled.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
salemneaz
Staff
Staff

IS the Metro ethernet connected to the HQ and where is the FortiGate deployed ?

Salem
jmart1191
New Contributor III

Yes, metro-e is connected at hq, and it goes to each site using a century link rad where the fiber terminates and from the rad it goes into the cisco switch on-site.

uliongon
New Contributor

If I am not mistaken the newer Version of Checkpoint (R81) can be adminsitrated by a Webbrowser as well, so no Smart Console anymore. Only heard this though, havent looked into it yet. I currently have to deploy a checkpoint though on our site (insert Spongebob Meme here: "BeCaUsE tHe PaReNt cOmPaNy HaS iT sO iT mUsT bE gOoD". Those people have no idea what they are doing and forcing that **bleep** on us... Would have preferred Fortigate or Palo Alto as well. That stuff just works https://mobdro.bio/ .

jmart1191
New Contributor III

I agree, not a fan of checkpoint and we are looking to move away from it, have these three 200f firewalls that we want to implement but we are unable to do it all at one time so we want to start with a remote site and work our way in.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors