Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dreamerkan
New Contributor

Change the default port of IPSec VPN

Dear all,

Is that possible to change the default port of the IPSec VPN in the firewall?

China is kept blocking the IPSec VPN and I would like to try to change port to skip the blocking.

Please kindly help advise.

Best Regards,

Ivan

5 REPLIES 5
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm afraid you cannot change the UDP ports used for IPsec VPNs as this is not supported in the prootcol. 'Plain' IPsec doesn't even work with UDP (nor TCP) but used protocol ESP - which is easily recognizable.

You should consider SSLVPN on a custom port, it's using HTTPS. The disadvantage is that it's a host-to-site protocol, not site-to-site.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
paulinster
New Contributor III

Have you figure out something about changing the port, I have a similar situation where I would require to use a different port as per our client's request.. 

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

IKE ESP and AH have strict standards for compatibility. If you need to get around that you might have to look at other tunnel solutions 

GRE

ip-n-ip

or maybe ssltunneling 

Sorry like listed earlir changing the port for IKE is probably not going to  buy you anything and probably ESP and|or AH are blocked also.

FWIW:  This is common outside of the non EU/USA continents where the  local gov/tecom-providers controls access for tunneling ) i.e most of Africa, Pakistan , China,etc...

It's called censorship ;)

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Deepakkhw
New Contributor III

Hi,

No, it's not possible. Recently I was faced with the same issue and we didn't find any workaround. So I worked with remote access server and the client was installed in the server 2016 and now this server is configured as RRAS.

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

There is a new feature in FortiOS 7.0.0. Please find the details by following the link below:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.0.0/new-features/33578/configurable-ike-port

FortiGate
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors