Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
PLASTIKA
New Contributor

Change the date format

How to change the date/time format in FortiMail? The current format does not match our national environment and is too long. I would like to use a custom date format in Custom Email Template when using variables.

2 REPLIES 2
ashishrathee
Staff
Staff

To change the date/time format in FortiMail and use a custom date format in custom email templates when using variables, you can follow these steps:

1. Access the FortiMail web interface.

2. Navigate to System > Customization > Custom Email Template.

3. Select the template you want to edit or create a new one.

4. When editing the template, use the appropriate variable for date/time (e.g., %%TIME_BEGIN%%).

5. To customize the date/time format, you can use HTML tags or custom formatting within the template. 6. Save the changes and apply the custom email template.

By customizing the email template with the desired date/time format, you can tailor it to match your national environment and make it more suitable for your needs.

PLASTIKA

> To customize the date/time format, you can use HTML tags or custom formatting within the template.

I have no problem changing the appearance of the date. I have a problem to change the content. The variable displays the date like this:Thu, 06 Aug 2024 04:50:06 +0200

I need to send this: 6. 8. 2024 4:50

> By customizing the email template with the desired date/time format, you can tailor it to match your national environment and make it more suitable for your needs.

Where can I set the date and time formats in the FortiMail interface?

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors