Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
maddyaujla
New Contributor

Change proxy destination to real destination

Hello, this is my first time posting in the forums. We are experiencing a complex issue. If anyone can help its really appreciated. We have vms in cloud which sends browser traffic to proxy which is residing on prem. We have fortinet on cloud boundary. Right now proxy traffic is flowing like below: Cloud vm ->fortinet lan side ->ipsec to on prem->then to proxy->proxy sends to internet We are looking for something like below: Cloud vm->fortinet (here we want if fortinet can convert the traffic going to proxy to its real destination ip so that we do not send it all the way to on prem) ->fortinet WAN to internet using policy. Or somehow we can have fortinet decrypt the packet and send the traffic to real destination. Unfortunately we cannot change the proxy settings in the cloud VM. Client does not want that. VIP- DNAT can change the ip but the real destination will still be proxy. Please advise if anyone thinks it is feasible. Hopefully i am making some sense and i can find the solution here:) Thank you and appreciate your time and response
0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors