Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Fern-X
New Contributor

Change pagination option without configuration change

Hello. On a Fortigate, is there a (CLI) command to change printout output from 'more' to 'standard' without a configuration change? Perhaps lurking as an option in some diagnose command? R's, Fern

9 REPLIES 9
Shilpa1
Staff
Staff

Hello Fern-X,

Could you please refer to the document link below and let us know if it is helpful?

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-show-the-command-output-without-mor...

Regards,
Shilpa C.P

Fern-X
New Contributor

Thank you - I appreciate every reply... but.. can you reread the question - especially, the italics part? (Perhaps it should have been italics and bold and underlined.)

pgautam

Hi @Fern-X 

Thank you for posting your query.

In FortiGate to display the "terminal length 0" like output we have the option to change the configuration from more to standard.

I understand that you are looking for a command in which configuration change is not required, however in Fortigate above setting is a permanent config setting, not a temporary setting for the current session like 'ter len 0'. 

Regards
Priyanka

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution

Fern-X
New Contributor

Again, I am not looking for a permanent config setting nor the solution you hyperlinked to. I am asking "is there a (CLI) command to change printout output from 'more' to 'standard' without a configuration change? Perhaps lurking as an option in some diagnose command?"

Are you implying that there definitely none such or that you don't know what it may be?

pgautam

Hi @Fern-X 

Thank you for your reply.

In Fortigate we have only standard and more config options to change the pagination.

Regards
Priyanka

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution

Fern-X
New Contributor

Hi Priyanka, thank you. Since you’re “Staff”, perchance you can request developers to implement it? I’ll guesstimate, less than 15 minutes of programming. R's, Fern

realvitya
New Contributor

Hi! Not a command, but a hack:
Run your command and run it through grep. Example for configuration:
show | grep ""
Grep doesn't use pagination! Just found out because we had the same problem being RO user on the CLI.

Fern-X

Hi! Wow - thanks! Seemingly, Fortinet("Grep doesn't use pagination!") bug can be useful.

realvitya

Hm, didn't know this is a bug :) BTW, final solution would be something not requiring configuration change. My approach would be a non pagination by default and usage of "more", just like in linux.

Examples:

show | more

show | grep -f interface | more

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors