Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AskingForHelp
New Contributor III

Change Wifi region not persisting

Hello community, 

I am attempting to change the wifi region / country code on the FortiWifi 80F. The SKU on the device is Region A. I am following the CLI steps here in KB https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiAP/Technical-Note-Changing-country-setting-on-a-wireless-cont...

When I do 'set country IN' it gives me this error: command parse error before 'IN'
Command fail. Return code -61

If I use the GUI to update the Wireless Settings, FortiAP Profile it gives this error: The name is a reserved keyword by the system.

• Value out of range.
  • Table name 'FWF80F-WIFI0' can't be added or edited because of duplication or reservation.

Any idea on when is happening? 

Appreciate it

1 Solution
anignan
Staff
Staff

Hi @AskingForHelp 

In order to set the correct country code, your hardware will have to correspond to your part of the world as well.

FAPs are denoted, for example, "FAP-223E-X" where X is the region-specific SKU suffix.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Product-SKU-Regional-Code-suffixes/ta-p/20...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
anignan
Staff
Staff

Hi @AskingForHelp 

Can you check all available option with the system help "?"

config wireless-controller setting
     set country ?

Abdel

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @AskingForHelp

Did you try to change under global setting or individual FortiAP Profile? Can you make sure that you ran the right commands? 

It should be noted that, depending upon the version of FortiOS being used, custom AP profiles may need to be deleted before the country default value can be changed.  This can be performed through the GUI by going to WiFi Controller > WiFi Network > FortiAP profiles and deleting the profiles.  Once the country code has been set, the Custom AP profiles can be reconfigured.

Regards,

AskingForHelp
New Contributor III

Yes thanks,

I was able to set another country within the Region A. GU and CA worked. However is it possible to set a country within another SKU?

anignan
Staff
Staff

Hi @AskingForHelp 

In order to set the correct country code, your hardware will have to correspond to your part of the world as well.

FAPs are denoted, for example, "FAP-223E-X" where X is the region-specific SKU suffix.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Product-SKU-Regional-Code-suffixes/ta-p/20...

HarshChavda
Staff
Staff

Hello @AskingForHelp ,

The error message suggests that the name you're trying to use is a reserved keyword. Make sure you're not using any system-reserved names. The error also suggests that there might be a duplicate entry. Check to see if the profile or setting already exists. Since your device SKU is Region A, it might be restricted to use only the country codes available for that region. Make sure 'IN' (India, I assume) is available for your SKU. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors