Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kevin_Noble
New Contributor

Categories for Social Networking?

I want to be able to block social network sites on our Fortigate system with Fortiguard Web Filtering. I noticed that there is no Social Networking category listed on our Fortigate unit that is running 4.0 MR1 Patch 9. The Fortiguard Web Filtering URL Lookup lists facebook.com in a category of Social Networking but I don' t see a matching category on our Fortigate unit. Do I need a newer version of firmware to get this category to show up in the Protection Profile? What versions of firmware would have this category?
3 REPLIES 3
billp
Contributor

I' m taking a guess here, but are you 100% certain it' s missing? I only say this because there are times that I' ve sworn that certain categories disappeared on me only to " reappear" after a second or third glance :) I' ve been blocking social networking since firmware 4.04 and I can' t remember a time that it wasn' t available. I' m in 4.2.7 now, and it' s under the General Interest label, just under " News and Media" category. Hope this helps. If it' s really missing in 4.1.9, I' ll eat my words

Bill ========== Fortigate 600C 5.0.12, 111C 5.0.2 Logstash 1.4.1

Kevin_Noble
New Contributor

On our Fortigate 620B, under " General Interest" and right after " News and Media" , I have Personal Relationships. I don' t see " Social Networking" anywhere within the " General Interest" category. Good to know it is there on newer firmware versions though - I may be in for an upgrade before I can see it.
billp
Contributor

Yes. Now I remember :) That' s the old name for Social Networking. It' s functionally the same thing. kb.fortinet.com is our friend http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=FD33098&sliceId=1...

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors