Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mircoceccarini
New Contributor II

Captive Portal redirection

Hi,

I have a fortigate 60F with v/.2.8 build1639 (Mature).

I configuring the device with radius and an external captive portl. But I can't get it to work.

This is my interface configuration:

Screenshot 2024-06-26 alle 16.48.45.png

This is my authentication settings:

Screenshot 2024-06-26 alle 16.50.21.png

This is my dns server: 

Screenshot 2024-06-26 alle 16.52.06.png

This is the redirect after connaction:

https :// login. spottywifi. app: 1000/fgtauth ?000d0e91e1a2c32d

5 REPLIES 5
dbhavsar
Staff
Staff

Good day @mircoceccarini ,

- Could you please elaborate what exactly you are trying? You can also check this:
https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Captive-Portal-Authentication-Network-Inte... 

DNB
mircoceccarini

Thankyou but i use an external captive portal

Mirco

pminarik
Staff
Staff

Do you have any users/groups mentioned in the relevant SSID-><other-interface>policies?

Choosing "allow all" in the interface config expects the relevant users/groups to be defined in the firewall policies. If there's none, the resulting behaviour will just present a local disclaimer to be accepted.

Second, make sure the local portal address defined in User & Auth > Auth Settings does not match the FQDN of the external portal. These two endpoints must be distinct. (I don't see how the "Spotty_2" object is defined, but the name is suspicious enough to highlight this point)

[ corrections always welcome ]
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @mircoceccarini,

So you want to use internal3 IP address as a DNS server? Based on the DHCP server settings, users are using 8.8.8.8 for DNS. If users are using 8.8.8.8, you will need to exempt DNS traffic from captive portal. 

Regards, 

mircoceccarini
New Contributor II

Thank you all, I should have almost solved it. At this time the captive portal only opens on Android devices.
On apple devices it does not open the captive portal devo inserire qualche cosa all'interno.

Interfaces -> Edit Interfaces -> Exempt destinations/service.

Thanks

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors