Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
USSR
New Contributor

Capabilities of FG-60E

Hello, everybody!

I have a customer's request for a firewall replacement. Now they have an old Unix machine with Xeon CPU, the Internet connection is 20Mbit only. I contemplate of offer them FG-60E, but not sure about how many users could it serve.

I've tried to find something here:

https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/FortiGate_FortiWiFi_60E_Series.pdf

but didn't find any exact numbers for maximum amount of users supported.

Could you please tell me, for how many users max FG-60E is suitable?

Many thanks in advance,

Ilya

3 REPLIES 3
SCSIraidGURU
Contributor

https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/Fortinet_Product_Matrix.pdf I use a 60E at home.  If your planning on turning on UTM or doing routing on it, I would look at a 90E.

przemo

Hello,

Recently in our company I replaced the 60D unit to 60E unit. The new model is definitely more efficient, I can see a huge improvement in the entire network infrastructure. Previously, I had problems with high CPU load, especially in the morning (windows updates + IPS = 99% CPU for half an hour, iCloud, etc) -  average CPU usage about 40-60 % during normal operation. Now the average CPU load is below 10% but I have increased the memory usage - 59...62% - constant for now.

Config: Multiple subnets, IP CCTV, 2 File servers, ~50 users, FOS 5.4.2, 2 x Site-to-Site VPNs, 4 x Dialup VPN, about 50 policy. I recommend

MikePruett
Valued Contributor

It really depends. You could have 1000 users that basically only do inter-lan communication with very little internet utilization or 2 people that are slamming a gigabit connection.

I tend to focus on the internet pipe speed (for FortiGatges at the network edge) and the ngfw ratings of the Gate in question versus a user count. 

Mike Pruett Fortinet GURU | Fortinet Training Videos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors