Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Netadmin-ccl-org
New Contributor

Cant delete aggregate from fortimanager

Capture1111.PNG

Any reason I cannot delete this? 

8 REPLIES 8
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

Most likely it's referred at somewhere in the config. You can go to the revision screen then click "View Config" after selecting the latest (top) revision. And then you can search "fortilink-02" in the full config to find it out.

Toshi

Netadmin-ccl-org

where is the revision screen at in the fortimanager?

Dan_Eng52
Contributor

Hi there, 

Have you ensured you have no references of this interface in any DHCP scopes, policies etc? You will not be able to delete the interface if it is actively reference somewhere. 

Regards, 

Dan. 

Toshi_Esumi

Go back to Dashboard/Summary. then find "Configuration and Installation" widget. Revision section is in the widget.

Netadmin-ccl-org

looks like its referenced in set server-mode enable, but I didnt do that and I dont where to change this in the fortimanager

Toshi_Esumi

Look at that section of config. It must be a part of NTP setting like below:

config system ntp
    set ntpsync enable
    set server-mode enable
    set interface "fortilink"  <--- reference, "set server-mode disable" would remove this.
end

It's likely set up by default.

Toshi

Netadmin-ccl-org

So how do you change this without accessing cli on the firewalls themselves? I guess I am use to panorama and we dont make local changes on the firewalls and all is done from the panorama. Is this the same concept? I assume so otherwise your local config is out of sync from the fortimanager config. 

Toshi_Esumi

With FGT-FMG, you can make those changes directly at the FGT if you want and FMG would automatically retrieve the config change. It might push the "templates" status out of sync, and "policy package" status as well.
But if the change is outside of the templates and policy package, you can re-install them to go back to in-sync state. Just check the "preview" to see what they would install. Likely shows "nothing to change".

But if your one of templates have NTP config, you should change it at the template. Which I don't think the case based on what you're saying.

Also, you can use "script" to make the change on the FMG side and run it again either the device directly or device database and push. But above reason, I would just change it at the device by getting in via SSH or console.

Toshi

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors