Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
fionaC
New Contributor II

Cannot use Dial-up Client and Site-to-Site at the same time?

I have a site-to-tunnel to a remote office. I also have a dial-up tunnel to that office. The site-to-site is used as primary, but there is one system we need to use the Dial-up client w/split tunnel for. This has always worked until recently. I am not sure if it is an issue with 7.2. The problem we have now is if the site-to-site tunnel is up, the FortiClient dial-up does not work. It I take down the site-to-site tunnel, it works. Is anyone else seeing this kind of behavior where you cannot use both? 

3 REPLIES 3
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

hi,

Did you try setting up a unique peer id for the dialup since both tunnels would use the same wan IP? Technical Tip: Use of PeerID and LocalID in IPsec ... - Fortinet Community

Best regards,

Jin

fionaC
New Contributor II

Yes, that makes no difference. It appears the Fortigate on one side is dropping the traffic. 

Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

You need to share significant portion of IPSec config (phase1-interface and phase2-interface in CLI) for both site-to-site and dial-up at the head-end and site-to-site at the remote FGT so that somebody can comment on what might be the cause.

Toshi

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors