Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kevinblac
New Contributor II

Cannot use CLI

Folks,

For some reason am unable to run any commands on the CLI yet i am using the default admin user. All commands are failing with the "parsing" error. 

See attached screenshot.

What would i be doing wrong?

config error.png

1 Solution
Kevinblac
New Contributor II

Dear all,

Was able to solve the problem. The issue was with the file path, so i had to key in "config global" to go to global config or config vdom to config anything on the vdom. 
Issue is now sorted. Thank you all for your suggestions/replies.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
kumarh
Staff
Staff

Which firmware version you are running?

Kevinblac
New Contributor II

FortiWeb-400E
v7.2.1 build330 (GA)

Kevinblac
New Contributor II

Have upgraded to version 7.4 but still can do any commands on cli..
error fortiweb.png

srajeswaran

I have seen this issue when there is no space left on the device. Can you connect to console and check if there are any alerts/errors ?

Regards,
Suraj
- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.
Sheikh
Staff
Staff

This might also cause if the command syntax is incorrect. Please see the FortiWeb CLI reference below.

When entering a command, the CLI requires that you use valid syntax and conform to expected input constraints. It will reject invalid commands.

For example, if you do not type the entire object that will receive the action of a command operator such as config, the CLI will return an error message such as:

Command fail. CLI parsing error

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiweb/7.4.0/cli-reference/909750/command-syntax

regards,

Sheikh

**If you come across a resolution, kindly show your appreciation by liking and accepting it, ensuring its accessibility for others**
Kevinblac
New Contributor II

Dear all,

Was able to solve the problem. The issue was with the file path, so i had to key in "config global" to go to global config or config vdom to config anything on the vdom. 
Issue is now sorted. Thank you all for your suggestions/replies.

srajeswaran

FortiWeb or Fortigate?

Regards,
Suraj
- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.
Kevinblac

Fortiweb

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors