Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Tutek
Contributor

Cannot ping from lan to lan with ipsec sd-wan

Hi,

I have configured two ipsec tunnels between Fortigate_A and Fortigate_B with static routing and then added to sd-wan zone on both sides. I created ipv4 allow rules to allow lan to lan traffic, and this is not working, I mean tunnels are up established but cannot ping from lan to lan. So I addressed Ipsec interfaces, now the strange I can ping from Fortigate_B to Fortigate_A ipsec address but not in opposite. Ping are allowed on ipsec interfaces. How to troubleshoot this?

1 Solution
Tutek

Thank you all for a help, my problem was today resolved with TAC

in short I had performance sla configured for "All sdwan members" and therefore ipsec tunnels were also there, this performance sla checked google servers - so ipsec tunnels were down, and because of that I had no any hits in sd-wan rules regarding this ipsec traffic.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
gfleming
Staff
Staff

What are your SD-WAN policies on central FW that point to branch?

Why do you only have one VPN tunnel to branch out port 24 and not one out port 23? 

Cheers,
Graham
Tutek

Here are all my SD_WAN rules:

Tutek_0-1669570538124.png

From the top to bottom

1.fortiguard out wan1

2.two financial sites out wan1

3.one internal server out wan1

4 - inactive

5.local lans to branch lan out w1-branch-h1 (don't have any hits count)

6.all internet go out to wan2 (port23)

Tutek
Contributor

No, I have w1-branch-w1 (mean local wan1, remote wan1) on port 24

and w2-branch-w1 (mean local wan2, remote wan1) on port 23

Tutek_0-1669570076045.png

gfleming

OK and what do you have at the branch? Do you have two IPSEC tunnels pointing to both port 24 and 23?

Cheers,
Graham
Tutek

branch have only one wan so:

Tutek_0-1669570879802.png

Tutek_1-1669570954061.png

but yes, during creation on phase-1 interface w1-centrala-w1 I pointed to wan24 (wan1 ip), and for tunnel w1-centrala-w2 I have pointed to port23 (wan2 ip)

Tutek

Could anyone from Fortinet Staff help me with this issue, my problem is not resolved? 

grrrrraham

Just so you know everyone is trying to help you. We are doing our best. This is a community forum there are no SLA's. If you need immediate or urgent assistance, TAC would serve you best.

With that said, can you please show output of the following from the respective Fortigates:

show system interface w1-branch-w1

show system interface w1-centrala-w1

show system interface w1-centrala-w2
Tutek

Thank you all for a help, my problem was today resolved with TAC

in short I had performance sla configured for "All sdwan members" and therefore ipsec tunnels were also there, this performance sla checked google servers - so ipsec tunnels were down, and because of that I had no any hits in sd-wan rules regarding this ipsec traffic.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors