Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
PoterKao
New Contributor II

Cannot login UI after I using reset button to factory reset.

Hi all,

Base my need, I use reset button behind firewall to reset mine 90D.

I can not login web UI (https://192.168.1.99) using default admin and without password after I reset it.
It always show me password incorrect. Is there any good solutions to resolve my question?

grateful thanks

Poter

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

That's a BIOS version, not FortiOS version. You used the reset button when it came up and showed the "FGT90DXXXX... login:" prompt, right? What did you see in the console at that time?

If it  was successful, user/pass should be "admin/(no password)".  But "maintainer" should still work regardless the reset was successful or not. That error message on the console indicates you need to format the boot drive and if you do that you need to load the OS image via TFTP server. You sounded like you just got that 90D from somewhere and trying to get in. You need to have support to download images from support.fortinet.com if you don't have it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

Don't know about your version. But most of them are Option A in below KB, which requires you to wait until it boots up before hitting the reset button. Did you follow this procedure? In any case you should use console port to see what's going on.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-To-Reset-To-Factory-Default-Configurat...

PoterKao

Because I can't login it.
So, I not sure what mine fortigate 90D OS version is. It might be 04000020.

I also try to use console cable to reset it, but I still failed.

the following content is CLI mode log.

================================

FortiGate-90D (20:14-02.28.2014)
Ver:04000020
Serial number: FGT90DXXXXXXXXXX
CPU(01): 900MHz
Total RAM: 2GB
Initializing boot device...
Initializing MAC... nplite#0
Please wait for OS to boot, or press any key to display configuration menu......

Booting OS...
Reading boot image... 1406866 bytes.
Initializing firewall...

System is starting...
Starting system maintenance...
Scanning /dev/sdb1... (100%)
Scanning /dev/sdb3... (100%)

FGT90DXXXXXXXXXX login: maintainer
Password: Failed to create statement for INSERT INTO apps VALUES(?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
. Error is: database disk image is malformed
Failed to create statement for INSERT INTO apps VALUES(?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
. Error is: file is not a database
Login incorrect

FGT90DXXXXXXXXXX login: maintainer
Password: ********************
Login incorrect

FGT90DXXXXXXXXXX login:

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

That's a BIOS version, not FortiOS version. You used the reset button when it came up and showed the "FGT90DXXXX... login:" prompt, right? What did you see in the console at that time?

If it  was successful, user/pass should be "admin/(no password)".  But "maintainer" should still work regardless the reset was successful or not. That error message on the console indicates you need to format the boot drive and if you do that you need to load the OS image via TFTP server. You sounded like you just got that 90D from somewhere and trying to get in. You need to have support to download images from support.fortinet.com if you don't have it.

PoterKao

Actually I bought this 90D from Internet six month ago. I had finished config it then store it for spare use in that time. In the couple days ago, I take it out for testing. I can't login it and web console IP back to factory setting 192.168.1.99. I tried any way to reset it. But I failed. So, I send a help request here.

My friend help me to refresh firmware yesterday, and it's worked finally.

Thanks for your help and suggestion, Toshi Esumi SAN.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors