Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
1ryan1
New Contributor III

Cannot deploy configs from FTM after upgrading FTGs to 7.2.1

I upgraded my FTGs to 7.2.1 but now I cannot deploy my policies. I get the following error message from FTM deploy log, which I do not know how to resolve.

(proxy-address) $  purge
IPv6-address can not be deleted because it is a static entry.
IPv4-address can not be deleted because it is a static entry.

Running 7.2.0 FTM.

4 REPLIES 4
1ryan1
New Contributor III

What's interesting is if I make a policy change, it does push through to the FTGs but FTM stills says failed. This can be verified by making a change then logging on the FTGs and verifying.

Debbie_FTNT

Hey ryan,

did you also upgrade your FortiManager to firmware version 7.2.1? That was just released; an upgrade could help.

Other than that, this just means FortiManager is trying to remove some proxy addresses (that are not in use) but fails to do so, and has no other impact.

You could try if a retrieve config in Device Manager (not import, but retrieving in Revision History) fixes it; this issue (and fix) sometimes happens if FortiGate considers something a default value and FortiManager doesn't, or vice versa.

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
1ryan1
New Contributor III

I assumed the latest update that auto-downloaded from the FTM was installed but that was not the case. I downloaded/installed 7.2.1 on FTM and that corrected the issue. Thanks.

tonifan1
New Contributor II

I had the same issue: I fixed updating FM to 7.2.1

tonifan
tonifan
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors